Eric D. Janzen
Assistant: Ruth Wynn
Eric’s client-centric approach to litigation makes his clients’ interests a focal point of each case. “AV-Preeminent” litigation skills and a personality to match have resulted in long-standing client relationships. Eric has been with Steidley & Neal for over 25 years, though most recently returning to the firm from Oklahoma Attorneys Mutual Insurance Company, where he served as Vice President of Claims. His 360° experience in insurance defense gives his clients the benefit of both his perspective and experience.
He offers clients a wealth of know-how, from pre-suit disputes through all phases of litigation, including state, tribal, and federal trials, as well as arbitrations and alternative dispute resolution. His practice includes employment, civil rights, professional liability, construction, coverage questions, school law, municipal, and personal injury. His tenure as an insurance company executive also underscores his attention to efficient and effective management of resources.
Eric married Erin, his college sweetheart, and together they have two children. Basically a runner with an intense lawyering habit, you’ll frequently find him on the road somewhere. He enjoys traveling, spending time with his family, and outdoors activities. He is involved in community activities and is an active member of Edmond First United Methodist Church.
- 1987 University of Oklahoma, B.A.
- 1990 University of Oklahoma, J.D.
- 1990 Oklahoma
- All Oklahoma District Courts
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- Cherokee Nation Bar Association
- Choctaw Nation Tribal Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Tulsa and Oklahoma County Bar Associations
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Martindale-Hubbell Rating – AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated