Gary C. Crapster
Areas of Practice:
Civil Trials, All types of Commercial and Business, Litigation, Insurance Litigation, Professional Liability, Class Actions, Governmental and Civil Rights Litigation, Products Liability
Mr. Crapster is a partner in the firm and works on cases throughout the state and actively handles cases in Texas as well. After graduating from SMU Law School in 1976, he practiced his entire career at the Texas law firm of Strasburger & Price, and was one of the managing partners there when he and Kathe, his wife of more than 45 years, decided to move to Oklahoma in early 2009. They had bought a ranch near McAlester over 30 years ago, and always loved Oklahoma, even while living in Dallas. In 2001, Gary met Buddy Neal when they were both being honored as members of the American College of Trial Lawyers at the national meeting in New Orleans. Their common Oklahoma bond was a catalyst that ultimately led to the firm hiring Gary’s son when he graduated in 2008. Not long thereafter, Gary and Kathe decided to take up the long-standing suggestion of Gil Steidley and Buddy Neal that they move closer to the ranch so Gary could practice law with his son during his most formative years.
Coming to Oklahoma did not slow Gary’s pace; the move instead energized him beyond his expectations. Devoting more time to the pure practice of law than ever, he strives to hone his skills, including computer legal research and litigation tools, procedure, evidence, and oral advocacy. In his career, he handles an extremely wide variety of civil and commercial litigation. His wife Kathe devotes much of her time as a docent in Tulsa’s Gilcrease Museum of Art, and serves on the boards of a local Symphony League and Park Board, and assists with local charities. Gary also still does pro bono work, contributes to pro bono charities of the Dallas Bar Association and in Tulsa, and maintains friendships with attorneys and judges that have been developed over a lifetime.
- 1971 St. Mary’s University, B.A.
- 1976 Southern Methodist University, J.D.; Order of the Coif; Most Outstanding Editor; Journal of Air Law & Commerce; Most Outstanding Corporate & Finance Student Award
- 1976 State Bar of Texas
- 2009 Oklahoma Bar Association
- All Texas and Oklahoma Courts
- Business Torts, ABA Press (2005)
- Model Jury Instructions for Business Tort Litigation, ABA Press (2005)
- Texas State Bar, NITA, and other publications and seminars on discovery, trial practice, insurance, government liability, jury selection, products liability, collateral estoppel
- Elected to the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Past Chair, Business Torts Committee, ABA Litigation Section
- Past Chair, Dallas Bar Association Business Litigation Section
- Elected to the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Higginbotham Inn of Court
- Texas Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America, 2007 – Current
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, 2007 – Current