Philard L. Rounds, Jr.
Areas of Practice:
Transportation/Trucking Litigation, Oil & Gas, Wrongful Death, Catastrophic Injury, Insurance Defense, Premise Liability, Construction Defect,
Mr. Rounds has over 40 years of experience as an AV rated attorney in the area of insurance defense with primary emphasis on Complex Litigation, Transportation/Trucking litigation and Oil and Gas litigation. His role has been that of trial counsel for defense clients in all types of cases, including catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, and insurance coverage issues.
Mr. Rounds’ practice is devoted to representing energy industry clients in a broad range of litigation matters, with specific emphasis on disputes involving oilfield and industrial pollution, bodily injury, contract, and surface, sub surface and downhole property damage claims. Often before litigation is filed in complex individual and class action cases involving claims of personal injury and property damage, he is called upon to respond to and investigate events in the oilfield and other industrial settings.
In addition to his trial practice he has been called upon by insurance companies with primary and excess coverages to evaluate progress of claims and provide guidance to successful resolution of matters for both client and carrier.
Mr. Rounds has also taught continuing legal education courses on insurance carriers’ duties of good faith and fair dealing, electronic discovery, trial tactics and mediation.
He has also served as Adjunct faculty for the University of Oklahoma, teaching Business Law I, II, Business Seminar and Constitutional Law courses.
He practices before Oklahoma State and Federal District Courts and has handled appellate matters in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, Oklahoma Supreme Court and United States Supreme Court.
- 1974 Oral Roberts University, B.A.
- 1976 Oklahoma City University College of Law, J.D.
- 1977 Southern Methodist University, College of Law, LLM (D N.C.)
- 1978 Oklahoma
- 2019 Arkansas
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa Bar Association