- 1972 Oklahoma State University, B.S.
- 1975 Oklahoma City University, J.D.
- 1975 Oklahoma
- All Oklahoma District Courts
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth, Eighth, and Fifth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern Districts of Oklahoma & Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma & Arkansas
- U.S. Supreme Court
Teaching and Lecturing
- Instructor and/or Panel Member, Oklahoma Bar Association Seminars
- Serves as instructor on areas of Trial Practice and Insurance Defense
- Frequent speaker for Oklahoma Bar Association programs on trial practice and bad faith litigation; also presentations to client, business and industry groups
- President of Oklahoma Bar Association, Served on Board of Governors
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Member and Former Delegate to House of Delegates
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Tulsa and Pittsburg County Bar Associations, Member
- Adjunct Settlement Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Served as a Magistrate Judge Selection Panel, United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Former Associate Bar Examiner
- Former Municipal Judge
- Member of the Oklahoma Supreme Court Reviewing Panel for Licensed Legal Interns
- Member of the Oklahoma Bar Association Awards Committee and Law School Committee
Distinctions and Honors
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Martindale - Hubbell Rating - AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America -- Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort, Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation for both Defendants and Plaintiffs
- Neil E. Bogan Professionalism Award Recipient from Oklahoma Bar Association
- Journal Record Leadership in Law Award Recipient
Charles D. “Buddy” Neal, Jr.
Assistant: Sherri L. Cottom
Areas of Practice:
Business and Commercial Litigation; Class Action Litigation; Energy, Oil and Gas Litigation; Insurance Litigation, including Bad Faith; Personal Injury Litigation; Products Liability Litigation; Professional Liability Litigation
Buddy has represented a variety of clients as a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts, while serving as lead trial counsel, trial counsel and local counsel over his career.
He has been a leader in the Oklahoma legal community, serving as President of the Oklahoma Bar Association and two terms on the OBA Board of Governors. In addition to bar activities, he is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers and American Board of Trial Advocates.
Buddy is married to his wife Maggie, a former special education teacher. They have four grown children and four grandchildren.
He has been active in the community, having served on a Salvation Army Advisory Board, including chairman of the board, Boys and Girls Club Advisory Board, Lions Club, member of Tulsa’s First Presbyterian Church and its College of Elders, in addition to his other activities.