- 1993 University of Texas at Arlington, B.A.
- 1996 Oklahoma City University, J.D.
- 1996 Oklahoma
- All Oklahoma District Courts
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- Eagle Scout
- Boys and Girls Club
- President Current
- Board Member 2008-present
- Secretary 2010
- 2nd Vice President 2011
- 1st Vice President 2012
- Municipal Attorney Talihina, OK 2003-Present
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Pittsburgh County Bar Association
- McAlester United Soccer Club
- Municipal Attorney for Clayton, Rattan and Talihina
Sean M. McKelvey
Assistant: Rhonda Beshear
Areas of Practice:
Bad Faith Litigation, Civil Rights, Employment Law, Municipal Law
Mr. McKelvey’s practice centers around Employment Law, Insurance Defense, Municipal Law, Civil Rights, Contract Law and Federal Practice. Over the last fifteen years, he has represented numerous political subdivisions and schools on employment, constitutional, and civil rights related issues as well as a variety of insurance companies and their insured on bad faith and personal injury cases. Mr. McKelvey is an experienced trial attorney in both state and federal court, trying many jury trials as the first chair.
In addition to his practice with Steidley & Neal, Sean has also served as the Municipal Attorney for the towns of Talihina, Clayton and Rattan. He has been a tireless member of the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club since 2007 and is currently its President. He also helped create and establish the McAlester United Soccer Club and currently serves as its President.
Sean has three children and coaches their many youth sports teams when he is not in the office or in the courtroom. He enjoys coaching these youth sports teams and hopes that he is teaching the kids the importance of teamwork, dedication and leadership. Sean has been to Africa and the Far East on seven short term mission trips. He has been married to his beautiful wife, Leigh Ann, for eighteen years.