- 1966 University of Oklahoma, B.B.A.
- 1969 University of Oklahoma, J.D.
- 1969 Oklahoma
- All Oklahoma District Courts
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth, Eighth, and Fifth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma & Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma - Adjunct Settlement Judge, 1999-Present
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma & Arkansas
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- Fellow, Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- OK Bar Association Professional Responsibility Commission 2001-03
- OK Bar Association Professional Responsibility Commission Chairman 2003
- Oklahoma Super Lawyer
- Pittsburg County Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
W. G. “Gil” Steidley, Jr.
Assistant: Sandy J. Shreder
Areas of Practice:
Bad Faith Litigation, Civil Rights, Insurance Defense, Legal Malpractice, Mediation Service, Nursing Home Litigation, Personal Injury Law, Product Liability Law
Mr. Steidley began his practice in 1969 in McAlester, OK after graduating from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. His practice focused primarily on criminal matters during the first 10 years. He had the opportunity to try dozens of major felony cases including 5 murder cases, which was a great opportunity for a young lawyer. After 10 years he focused his practice on defense litigation, with an occasional plaintiff’s case for friends and church members.
In 1976, he and Buddy Neal formed a partnership, beginning a 39-year friendship and professional relationship that has grown into a boutique litigation firm with offices in McAlester and Tulsa, OK. He and Mr. Neal have endeavored to assimilate the best possible combination of trial lawyers and support staff and are very proud of that achievement.
Mr. Steidley primarily practices in the area of catastrophic injury litigation in the areas oil field law, trucking and transportation law, products liability, bad faith litigation, insurance defense, railroad law and legal malpractice litigation.
He was honored to be inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers in 1996. He has been chosen to be named to “Best Lawyers in America”, Oklahoma Super Lawyers, and is a Fellow in the Oklahoma Bar Foundation. He served as the Chairman of the Oklahoma Bar Association Professional Responsibility Commission.
When not in the office or the courtroom, Gil enjoys his family, his wife Marilyn and their two dogs; Hanna and Habbie. He also enjoys being at the lake and on the water sailing, fishing and boating.
With three adult children, their spouses and seven grand-kids, Gil recognizes the importance of faith in the life of the family in today’s world.