Charles D. “Buddy” Neal, Jr.
Assistant: Freeda Ward
Areas of Practice:
Business and Commercial Litigation, Class Actions/Mass Tort Litigation, Energy Litigation, Insurance Litigation, including Bad Faith, Personal Injury Litigation.
Buddy, a founding partner of the firm, has represented a variety of clients in civil litigation matters over his career. He is an active trial lawyer who has successfully tried many cases to verdict with all levels of exposure. Buddy practices in all state and federal courts in Oklahoma, including the Eastern, Northern and Western Districts, having served in the roles of lead trial counsel, trial counsel, local counsel or appellate counsel. He is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Buddy is recognized for his inclusion to Best Lawyers in America in several practice areas, including Bet-The-Company litigation, complex litigation, commercial litigation, mass tort/class actions litigation – defendant, and personal injury litigation. He has been selected to Thomson Reuters’ Oklahoma Super Lawyers “Top 50 Lawyers in Oklahoma” and a Super Lawyer for civil litigation – defense.
He has been a leader in the Oklahoma legal community, elected as President of the Oklahoma Bar Association and served two terms on the OBA Board of Governors
Buddy is married to his wife Maggie. They have four children and five grandchildren.
He has been active in the community, having served as member and chairperson of the Salvation Army Advisory Board, Boys and Girls Club Advisory Board, Lions Club and member of Tulsa First Presbyterian Church, in addition to his other activities.
- 1972 Oklahoma State University, B.S.
- 1975 Oklahoma City University, J.D.
- 1975 Oklahoma
- All Oklahoma District Courts
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth, Eighth, and Fifth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. Supreme Court
Program Speaker on Trial Practice and Ethics:
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Client, Business and Industry Groups
- President of Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association Board of Governors
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association House of Delegates, Former Delegate
- American Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute Member
- Tulsa and Pittsburg County Bar Associations, Member
- Adjunct Settlement Judge, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Magistrate Judge Selection Committee Member, U.S. District Court for Northern District of Oklahoma
- Former Associate Bar Examiner
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America as a Leading Lawyer in:
- Bet-The-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendant
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Recognized by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers as one of the “Top 50” Lawyers in Oklahoma and Super Lawyer (Civil Litigation – Defense)
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating – AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Recipient of Distinguished Law Alumnus Award from Oklahoma City University College of Law
- Received the Journal Record “Leadership in Law” Award
- Recipient of Neil E. Bogan Professionalism Award by the Oklahoma Bar Association
- Southern Conference of Bar Presidents