James D. Bland
Assistant: Shelley K. Kelley
Areas of Practice:
Personal Injury, Criminal Law, Property, Probate.
Mr. Bland has been an attorney in McAlester for over 40 years, including 25 years as a District Court judge. Since retiring from the bench, his practice has focused on personal injury, general civil, and probate law.
- BSBA from Henderson State University, 1979;
- JD from University of Arkansas School of Law, 1982
- State Courts of Oklahoma
- Choctaw Nation
- Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Western District of Oklahoma
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of Board of Directors of McAlester Regional Health Center as well as Boys and Girls Club of McAlester
- Chair of Oklahoma Judicial Nominating Commission
- Served as Judge for the 18th Judicial District of Oklahoma for 25 years, including two years as Presiding Judge for the East Central Judicial Administrative District and several years on the Executive Board of the Oklahoma Judicial Conference
- Served as Attorney Coach for the McAlester High School Mock Trial program for fourteen years